Monday, November 6, 2017

Google Maps (Visions of the Past)

That hill, by my school, once covered in trees, my "secret place" as a child, the place where I went sledding on the rare occasion that it snowed, is now bare, open, the lawn freshly trimmed.

The roads remain still cracked and unkept, the polar opposite of the city life I have been living for years.

The road with the slanted hill, flashback to that one near-death experience. The crazy friend that I had with the truck who wanted to "jump the hill" and almost hit another car while my bestie and I were in the back.

The corner store, who loved my "strange" friends and I, and imported pop soda flavors by our request everyday when we shopped there after highschool, the one by our bus stop, is still alive and well.

The bike trails, once secluded are stripped of trees as well. The place where I would take dangerous midnight bike rides.

The house I grew up in, looks almost the same. Still has the cross that my carpenter grandfather made, attached to the siding. It's creepy, yet endearing at the same time.

There is even more of a church and Wal-Mart on every corner now.

Fast food is in abundance.


No comments:

Post a Comment