Friday, March 16, 2018

Being Alternative + Misconceptions

1) "Special Snowflake-ism" "You hate your mom" etc: That's the general perception as of 2017-2018 when people see someone with neon hair or piercings. I'm sure that might be the case for some people, but it definitely isn't for everyone. The reason I like the way I do is very simple - Once upon a time, some band, some weird film, inspired me with its aesthetics, and I emulated it in real life. Fin. I has got fuck all to do with politics, religion, or some kind of cathartic rebellion.

2) "Must be Gay": Okay, in my case, yeah I'm not straight technically, but I don't choose to put a label on myself. I have a girlfriend, and am primarily attracted to other females, but alas, I'm not very well liked upon the 'gay community.' I don't know if it's the carry-over attitude from the 90's where the 'gay community' is all about mainstream fashion/fitting in, and they see someone like me 'making them look bad,' the general cattiness of that community in general (yes, the lesbians too),  or the fact that I'm really apathetic about the hyper-political nature of that community, find most of their music taste puke-worthy, their stereotypical dresscodes to be bland and cringey, or I just don't know. I forgot I'm not straight. I just do what I do. I like who I like. I eat Ramen, drink Thai Tea, play video games, and do artsy shit, and if I find someone attractive, I find them attractive. I'm not about to go wearing a rainbow, plaid shirts, or enamel pins (ew).

3) "Probably into kink/bdsm": I'm not asexual, per se, but I generally don't find most people attractive because of their personalities. That's really important to me, even with just a hookup. Either that, or I'm too busy doing other things to think about sex. Yeah, I have my kinks, but they're quite mild compared to the stuff you'd see, on like say, Fetlife. I find BDSM hilarious and cheesy when I see it at the club. When I see people saying "yes mistress/daddy" et cetera, I laugh, because to me, it looks comical, and not hot.

4) "Satanist": First of all, I've read Anton Lavey's work. I like some of it, but most of it sounds like he was an Ayn Rand fanboy, or really into Aleister Crowley. Not my thing. I don't believe in any Abrahamic god/deity/devil of any sort. I'm pretty friggin agnostic, and religion in general, is not a big part of my life.